Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pre-NID photography portfolio

When I had appeared for the NID written test (early 2007), I had one thing going for me. Complete faith in the fact that I was not going to get admission there. I think that was what made me write that test with full abandon and no fear.

I clearly remember the day I checked the short-listed candidates for studio tests. My name was among 30 others. I had not expected that and I walked out of the IT room of my under-grad college (Ramnarian Ruia College at Matunga) in silence. I told noone. I was happy, ofcourse, but worried as well. What was I going to show in the interview? Surely, a portfolio would be expected. All the way home, I fretted in the train. After consolidating my position, these were the photographs that I mounted and presented.

My neighbour Ravin. He is all grown up now!
Bhutta
Giant wheel
A hair-clip vendor on the local train in Mumbai
A common house lizard
Reflection
A street in Pune at 2.00 am
Susie Q. She still lives in the yard of my parents' home

3 comments:

  1. did u get the seat???? nice shots by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I Did and I also convocated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.... My name is Devsh. This year i m goin to appear for photography design course in NID....plz guide me regarding future in this workfield and what about job security...presently m working with an IT firm in Chennai as an engineer. But I have a deep penchant towards photography. Also i want you to plz go to my photography page on facebook...
    http://www.facebook.com/DeveshAmetaPhotography
    Your feedback will be appreciated!!!
    Thanx..hope to hear from u soon...

    ReplyDelete